Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Kinkaku-ji

In one of my travel books I remember reading how most foreign people believe that Kinkaku-ji is one of the most beautiful temples in Japan. After going there my self I can see how this could be true. One thing I found interesting about visiting this temple is that it is so short. You spend about 5-10 minutes along with a couple hundred other people trying desperately to take a good picture that in the end you forget to actually look that the temple with your own eyes. And the actual Kinkaku-ji temple is very small and consist of only one building that it is over before you know it.
Well besides that one of the most memorable experiences from visiting Kinkaku-ji is that pond that beautifully reflects the temple in the water. In this aspect I could see why they Japanese are considered masters of art. The reflection on the water is truly a stunning sight and in many ways creates another world.

No comments: