Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sidewalks





One thing that I find really amazing about Japan is the ease that you can walk around. Back in American it is very hard (at least where I live because I have never moved from my neighborhood) to actually to walk to places such as the store or to a place where you want to meet your friends because there are almost no sidewalks next to roads and if you tired to walk on the side your most likely to get run over. However here in Japan this is not true, you can find sidewalks or places next to the road where you can walk almost everywhere (except I'm guessing on the freeways). I have walked a lot around the Makino area and there have been several times when walking that I have thought that people can not walk, however only to find that there is a specially walkway for people or that you can in fact that there is a place for people to walk.

1 comment:

visual gonthros said...

Actually I feel that there are more sidewalks in residential areas in America than in Japan. Just where are all these sidewalks in Makino? Having to walk on the street in some areas terrifies me at times.