Thursday, October 4, 2007

Questions....



Every day I come to Kansai Gaidai I find myself very surprised at the interactions between both international students and Japanese students. Almost every day when I am at school I am approached by someone who just wants to have a conversation. The friendliness and the willingness to try to understand someone from a different cultural amazing me everyday, because back in the States almost no one makes an attempt to do such things.

In my Japan in Western Film and Lit class we have been talking about a point in in western history known as the Yellow Peril. Talking about how America and other western nations reacted to Japan rising power made me start to wander what the residences of Hirakata-shi think about every year so many new foreigners come to their city? Also, what do people who live outside of Hirakata-shi think about those Japanese who live in Hirakata-shi and interact daily with many foreigners?

No comments: