Tuesday, November 13, 2007

McDonald's

It's surprising how different the same company can be in different countries. In both America and Japan, McDonald's seem to be very busy. In America, when they become busy service becomes very slow and the employees become not so nice. On top of that, whenever you make a special order they always seem to mess it up somehow. In Japan however, even when they are very busy I have never had to wait more then three or four minutes for my food, where in America I have waited for ten minutes or more. Also, and maybe this is more because I don't understand the language very well, but I have never had a McDonald's employee in Japan be rude to me. I do know in America however (at White Castle were I worked) that when someone comes in that does not speak English, no one is all that nice about serving them.

1 comment:

visual gonthros said...

There is certainly more service in Japan at fast food restaurants than in America. But I have heard from many students that it takes longer to get food at McDonald's in Japan than in America. In Japan, they make the food fresh rather than having stuff sitting around for a while... Anyway, McDonald's is certainly an interesting case study for globalization.