Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Drinks

Before coming to Japan I had heard how easy it was for a person of any age to buy drinks with sake in them out of vending machines, but I had also heard that it was becoming more difficult because vending machines now how age identifying readers in them. The above picture is of the sake drink that I bought out of a vending machine near the park. The group I was with were very surprised that because there was no way to identify age, anyone could purchase. (This type of vending machine would never be allowed in America because there would be so many drunk middle/high school students stumbling around). However, apparently after a certain time (I think it was around 11:00 p.m.) the machine shuts off.

1 comment:

visual gonthros said...

They will soon be introducing cigarette vending machines that require IDs that verify age. It seems that one can buy almost anything from a vending machine in Japan...